1. We have been snowed in since Tuesday. And by "snowed in", I mean that on Tuesday night, we got about 2 or 3 inches of snow. No school Tuesday, due to threat of snow. Okay, based on what happened in Raleigh back in 2006, and Atlanta this week, that was probably a good call. Then Wednesday was a real snow day. Yesterday there were still some slick spots. Today? I was hoping we'd just have a delay, but nope. Snowed in again with a predicted high of 52.
Luckily for me, I've got a sitter coming and am planning to GTFO of this house for a while. In the meantime, lots of chanting of the Serenity Now prayer.
2. One thing about growing up with a sibling 10 years older than me is that it did not prepare me for dealing with sibling relations in my own kids. I don't feel like I have a good sense of what's normal fighting and what's going overboard. Sometimes I'm tempted to just lock them in a room together and see what happens. I think I'd put my money on Ava.
3. Speaking of Ava, she had a meltdown that lasted 90 minutes last night. How is that possible? She is EIGHT. All I can hope for is that the level of determination she has will drive her into some high-paying career that will provide a really nice retirement for me.
4. I kind of hate yoga, but am finding myself becoming addicted to hot yoga. So weird, right? There is something so cleansing about literally pouring sweat from your body for an hour. Love.
5. We finally started watching Game of Thrones here, and let me tell you, I am so addicted. I'm also reading the first book. Really good. And, ladies, just in case you think it might not be your cup of tea (you're wrong), there are some super hot other-worldly boys on the show. My fave? Jon Snow. Drool.
That's it for today. I'm going to go straighten our house so my sitter doesn't report us to child services for living in squalor. If you're home with kids again today, Godspeed, my friends.