Tuesday, January 14, 2014

What I'm Listening To Now

I'm finally catching up and bringing you my first post of 2014. Today, it's all about music. My musical taste is all over the place, but here are a few of my current faves:

1. Arctic Monkeys: "Do I Wanna Know"
This song is kind of my everything right now. And the lyrics are so good. How can you beat "the nights were mainly made for saying things that you can't say tomorrow day"? Arctic Monkeys remind me a tiny bit of the Black Keys, I think. 


 2. Katy Perry: "Dark Horse"
I'm not a huge Katy Perry fan, and I'm really creeped out by the video for "Who You Love" with John Mayer. However, Dark Horse is, in my opinion, her best song ever. 


3. Martin Garrix: "Animals"
Y'all, this kid is 17. SEVENTEEN. "Animals" is on one of my running mixes, and I love to crank it super loud.



4. Ellie Goulding: "Burn"
I pretty much love everything she does. Her voice, her sound. But this one tops my list.


5.John Legend: "All of Me"
This one has been on my list for a while. Maybe the sexiest song ever. For real. Just listen to the words.



6. Any live Phish.
So, this is a bit of a throwback for me. Despite having seen these guys a lot of times (twenty something, if you count the solo Trey shows), I had kind of gotten away from them for a while. But then I started listening to some old live stuff, and I just don't see how anyone can say they aren't one of the greatest rock bands of our time. If you've got 23 minutes to spare, watch this live performance of "Chalkdust Torture" from last August in Colorado. If you don't have 23 mintues, just watch the first few.


I told you I'm all over the place. Hope you enjoy, and if you've got any music you think I need to check out, just leave it in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment