Sunday, November 4, 2012

Fall So Far....

Just in time for Halloween, Mother Nature delivered some nice fall weather for us. There were a couple of days where it felt like we skipped fall and went straight to winter, but for the most part, it's been a nice week.

So, Halloween. It was pretty much the best October 31 we've had since becoming a family of 4. At age 3 and 1/2, Davis totally gets it. And let me tell you - that boy is a candy lover. So, combine the world's most outgoing kid with a chance to score a bucket full of candy, and you get a pretty fun night of trick or treating.

Here's a photographic montage of the night, starring a cat, a bat, and some of our favorite neighbors.





I carved that pumpkin. All by myself. The kids thought playing outside was better use of their time. Hmph.

The other big event this fall has been Ava and Morgan starting Y Princesses. You may remember it as Indian Princesses. Apparently, it is not okay to say "Indian" anymore. At any rate, here is Ava in the vest that she and Morgan sewed together. This is before the flair badges were added. It's pretty cute to see Ava and her Daddy doing something that's just for the two of them.


Other than that, it's just business as usual around here. Davis seems to have forgotten how to play on his own, so there is a constant barrage of, "Mommy, can you play with me?" That may SOUND cute, but really, it's kind of annoying. 

And, finally, going off Daylight Saving Time has had me up for quite some time this morning. Some people do not understand the concept of getting an extra hour of sleep. Appropriately, I came across this today:

No offense intended to my own husband, who was up at 6 like me today. 

Here's to a productive Sunday!


1 comment:

  1. Happy Sunday! It's brutal, isn't it? My daughter came in at 5:30, and I walked her back then she was back at 6:22 am. By this point, I felt sorry for her...

    Great costumes, and so impressed with your pumpkin.

    Just want to make sure that you saw my 2-night luxury hotel giveaway for Ballantyne in Charlotte. Would love it you could share on FB to help get the word out. It ends on 11/16.

    ReplyDelete