Monday, November 25, 2013

American Music Awards Recap

It's Monday. It's freezing. But it's a holiday week, so all is good. I feel like I'm still in weekend recovery, especially after a big night out on Friday. I think vodka and I might be on a Ross-Rachel style break. We attended a party on Friday night where there was a really friendly bartender with an even friendlier pour. I was overserved and underfed. Didn't make for the most fun Saturday morning. But, at least it was a good reminder that at upcoming Christmas parties, water and food are a must.

Also, that was the second weekend in a row of big nights out for me. Don't get me wrong - I am having a blast lately. But it does catch up, especially when there are kids to take care of. All I wanted on Saturday was to have some one-on-one time with my sofa and Bravo on the TV. Instead, we went to a birthday party and Davis sang "Wrecking Ball."  Awesome.

Did you catch the AMAs last night? I was all excited to watch but thought they were pretty boring.

Highlights:

Justin. During his performance, I told Morgan that he would have to allow me a celebrity pass if the opportunity presented itself (why wouldn't he choose me over Jessica Biel??). His response? "Gross." Alrighty then. I told him he could have Jennifer Lawrence. 


President R. Kelly and Lady Gaga. Nothing like channeling Clinton/Lewinsky during a performance. Also, if you haven't, please google the track listing for R. Kelly's new album. 


But my very, very favorite performance was A Great Big World with Christina Aguilera. This song blows me away, and I think I could listen to it on repeat for days. 


And, if you maybe want to cry a little, watch the official video for the song here:


That's all I've got. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment