Tuesday, May 25, 2010

TV and other musings

Hi there. Several topics for today.

First, the almighty TV. What a whirlwind couple of TV days. First the epic series finale of 'Lost', and then the end of '24'?? Whatever will I do? Thank God for Netflix is all I have to say. Okay, so 'Lost.' I am still trying to make sense of it all, and I'm sure I'll never come up with the answers. But my biggest question is this: what was the point of the Dharma Initiative? And The Others? I mean, yeah, we got some of the big questions sorta answered (Smokey, Jacob's origins, etc), but there is so much that's still unaccounted for. Argh. Damn writers.

And '24'. Oh, sadness. I was kind of disappointed in the ending (spoiler alert!). I mean, I know it might feel contrived, but couldn't Jack have just gone to LA to life a nice, quiet life with his family? I guess we should have known as soon as they killed off his FBI girlfriend that a tidy ending just wasn't gonna happen. And, I know it wasn't feasible. I mean, this is JACK BAUER we're talking about. A life of leisure just isn't in the cards for him.

So, this brings me to my next topic, the DVR. It seems that I have to explain all my recordings to my husband, while he gets to record whatever he wants and not have to answer to anyone about it. Case in point: last night, the DVR was just about full, and we needed to record '24' and 'The Bachelorette." So the husband says to me, "Um, did you mean to record this 'Oprah'?" I was like, "YES! Please do not erase my shows!" And the he says, "why do you want to watch this one with Julia Roberts anyway?" Seriously, dear. I do not ask you to explain why you feel the need to watch 'Cops' or NASCAR, so just give me my 'Oprah', 'k? (And my 'Real Housewives' for that matter. But only of NY and NJ. Orange County and Atlanta aren't for me.)

So, with the TV season running out, here's what I plan to watch via Netflix this summer:

-True Blood
-Dexter (seasons 3 & 4)
-The Tudors
-Mad Men (season 3)
-Entourage (not sure what the last season I saw was)

And I think that' it.

I got myself out of bed for a 3 mile run this morning and boy was it humid. It was only about 67 degrees, but holy perspiration, Batman! And then, a la George Costanza, my shower didn't take.(I was trying to find a clip to post, but no luck). I think I have finally cooled off now, but sheesh. Oh, I will mention that I noticed all these food/health bloggers have been drinking Green Monsters lately. Basically, that's a spinach smoothie. Sounds gross, no? Well, I was curious so I made one yesterday, and actually found it quite pleasant. It was:

3 cups raw spinach
1 cup vanilla soy milk
1 TSP ground flax seed
1 banana
1 scoop soy protein powder
ice

And I have a new blender that does a fancy-pants job of crushing ice (and also has the ability to wake the dead with it's volume), so I just put it all together and hit "frozen drink." Well, it all comes out quite nicely. I'll try to remember to take a picture tomorrow. Lots of green. The husband tried it and did not like it. Ava wouldn't go near it. Not sure about Davis.

Ta -ta for now, kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment