Friday, April 22, 2011

Taking a sick day. Or maybe a week.

Hello friends! I’m sorry for my absence, but between travelling for Spring Break and coming down with pneumonia, I’ve been a little out of sorts. I’m still sick, but taking a break from the comfort of my sofa to spend a little quality time with my computer.

As I just said, we went out of town for spring  break. Specifically, we went to visit my sister and her husband in beautiful Middleburg, VA. It’s absurdly beautiful up there. If I had been feeling better, I would have taken lots of lots of pictures. As it stands, I did not. But here’s a really cool photo I found of the Middleburg Christmas Parade:

(image via)

That obviously isn’t what it looks like in springtime, but here’s a photo of their adorable downtown:

Middleburg VA Main Street

Oh, and in the midst of that downtown? My sister (and her husband’s) uber-chic pet boutique, Wylie Wagg

Seriously, if you’re a pet owner, and you’re in the Northern VA area, you should really visit one of their stores. They are so much fun to shop in. You can check out their website for their other Northern VA locations. And yes, I am shamelessly promoting my sister’s business.

So, the rest of the week was  good, except for the part where I got pnemonia. Oh, and there was a little incident over at Tyson’s Corner. I mistakenly thought the American Girl doll store was open there, and had really hyped it up to Ava. I mean, really hyped it up. She even saved some money to buy a companion for the AG doll she already has. You can imagine the excitement, and then subsequent disappointment when we got to Tyson’s and it turned out the store was still under construction. Thankfully, we were consoled by a purchase at the Disney Store. So, I got out a lot cheaper, and now have an excuse to make another trip up there this summer.

I started getting really sick that afternoon, and I’m using my fever-induced delirium to explain why I bought a pair of sandals that I really shouldn’t have. Except I got them in very shiny gold, not black.

It’s all good, though. I know I’ll wear them tons. I have a friend who got them last summer, and I admired them all season. They’re kind of replacing a pair of Jack Rogers that I’ve had for more than 3 years, and which are totally shot.

I won’t bore you with the details of my illness, but needless to say, I feel pretty blah. Pneumonia is one painful ailment, and I’ll be glad to get back to normal. Plus, having to take a break from exercise just weeks from bathing suit season is just bad. I apologize in advance to my pool friends for the blubber that you will be forced to see next month. I’ll get back to work on it as soon as I can.

In the meantime, here are the kids in their Palm Sunday attire.

DSC_0402 DSC_0418

Please note that Davis was more than a little skeptical of wearing a bubble. He kept trying to take it off. It’s his last one. I gotta milk it, right?

Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend.

Carter

1 comment:

  1. I hope you feel better soon. So sorry!

    Love the shoes.

    Kids are adorable, too.

    ReplyDelete