Thursday, August 9, 2012

Not Quite Over the Hill

Well, it's my birthday today. I officially crossed the mid-thirties line. That's right. Thirty-six. Ouch. Hurts a little to say that. Doesn't help that I'm ringing in this new year with a pulled back muscle that will just not get better. I'm sure my reluctance to take a few rest days has nothing to do with that. 

It's been a good day so far. I started off with yoga (thinking it would make the back happy. It did not.). Then it was off to my tennis clinic - also bad for the back. Met friends for lunch and Prosecco - good for the back and the spirit. More Prosecco would have been better, but it's daytime, and there are children to tend to. 

While out and about, I saw three tween girls (okay, maybe 13ish) shopping, and all were in head to toe lululemon. Granted, I was, too. But I had been at tennis. Also, I'm 36, so if I want to overspend on workout clothes, I can. I've earned that right. One of the girls had on the same skirt as me, but in a different color. She looked absolutely appalled to see that we were practically twins. I would imagine I looked equally appalled.

Anyway. I bought my own birthday present a couple of weeks ago, which was a gorgeous abstract painting from my friend Jen at Gilded Mint. Here are a few of her latest creations, any of which I would also like to have:

31 Rue Cambon Chanel Inspired Abstract with Gold and Pinks

Lacquer Love Chanel Inspired Gouache and Acrylic Abstract Painting


But, if I hadn't done my own shopping, here are a few things I would want:

New Wunder Unders from lulu:
Wunder Under Crop

This new lululemon Swiftly long-sleeved tee. Currently not available in the US, so I'm hoping it comes out soon. I love the zigzag pattern. And the color. 


One more lulu item - these Studio Crops. These are not something I would really ever think I wanted. But I tried them on the other day and they are oh-so-comfy, so I'm thinking I need them. 


New Jonah dress from Lilly Pulitzer:

This necklace from Baublebar

Pinned Image
If pressed, I bet I could come up with some more things, but that seems like a good list to start with. 

Hope you all have a good Thursday!




1 comment:

  1. I hope you had a good birthday!! The Lilly dress is really pretty as is the necklace.

    ReplyDelete