Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother’s Day

I might be a little biased, but I’m pretty sure I have the best mom in the world. I really love talking to her (just about every day), shopping with her, eating with her, gossiping with her, and generally, just being with her. I know we’re lucky that we  get along so well. We’ve always been that way, though. I can remember back when I was in college, and I’d come home for breaks, I would be so torn between going out with my friends, and staying in with my parents. I think I actually thought they’d be heartbroken if I chose not to stay with them. Of course, now that I have my own kids, I know they would have been just fine. Happy, even.

Anyway, here’s a photo of my mom and me at a wedding a couple of years ago. Sorry for the blurriness.

Seeing my mom with my kids over the last (almost) 6 years has made me love her all the more. And seeing the way the kids love her just warms my heart. It’s so much fun to hear them get excited about her coming for a visit, and to watch their faces light up when they see her.

I hope that when my kids are grown, they love me even half as much as I love my own mother. I hope they want to call me to fill me on the little things going on in their lives. I hope they want me around for holidays, special occassions, or just a weekday lunch.

Thanks for everything you have done and continue to do for me, Mom.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment