Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Refreshed and Rejuvenated

Greetings from Tuesday!

I’m still feeling pretty refreshed after my girls’ weekend. We had such a good time doing absolutely nothing. On Saturday, I slept all the way until 8:30. Late! After that, I stayed in my PJs until about 1:30. Good times, I tell you. I should do that more often. Like, every weekend? I will mention that in order to combat our complete lack of activity on Saturday, we were good little girls on Sunday, and went for a run first thing in the morning. If you can call 9am first thing.

Speaking of running, I have been struggling to get back into normal shape after that little bout of pneumonia. My last run before the forced sabbatical was 10 miles. That’s pretty far, right? Now 3 is struggle. So frustrating. I’m hoping, though, that taking time off and then starting back will do some kind of crazing revving up of my metabolism, and all fat will instantly transform into muscle, revealing a perfect me just in time for the pool to open.

I know, I know. Not likely. Especially with my love of dessert. And food, in general.

Speaking of the pool, ours opens this weekend. Having a 2 year old means time in the water for me. Frankly, it’s been a little cool here the last week or so. I fear the temperature of the water. How are kids so oblivious to their body parts freezing off?

Last summer, Davis was obsessed with trying to put the pool toys into the bee-infested trash cans there. In fact, as I recall, he had an unhealthy obsession with all trash cans last summer. We really thought he was aspiring to a career in sanitation. I think that phase has passed. I’m hoping this year he’ll just want to play quietly on the steps of the pool while he sister frolicks about, and I lounge in a chaise with my Kindle and a drink.

Not likely.

No, not this summer. Or next. I think I’ll get plenty of time in the water. And I would be wise to leave the Kindle safely at home.

--Carter

PS – I took this morning off from working out, but still got up at 5:45 just to have some time to myself. It’s now 6:45, and I hear Davis talking in his crib. I just have to say that this has been the fastest hour of my life.

1 comment: