Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Ode to Target....

Ah, Target. What an alluring appeal you have. Why else would I find reason to visit you, oh, 3-5 times a week? You entice me with your bargains, your fashionable wares, and your ability to convince me that, why yes! I DO need that Liberty of London notepad!

Yesterday, I had but a quick little tryst with Target. However, the joy of the occassion was impeded by an encounter with SuperBitchMom. Davis and I trotted in, and headed straight over to the returns line to take back a dress that I had decided not to keep. There was one woman finishing up her return, and no line. And, as in all Target stores, there was one of those line managing ropes. You know what I mean, right? Okay. So, as I'm waiting, this woman and her 3 children come up and stand on the opposited side of the rope from me. I had seen this woman outside with the kids as I was coming in. She was yelling at them to stop playing. I noted to myself that she seemed annoying. And that she was wearing ugly shoes.

The woman who was already doing her return finished up, and I stepped up to the counter with my little return. Now, remember, SuperBitchMom is standing at the other side of the return rope. As soon as I get to the counter, she says in a loud and bitchy voice, "EXCUSE ME. I was next. See? I was standing here where it says, 'line forms here."

WTF? I mean, seriously? If there were several people in line, I could understand. But there was me. And then her. It was clear who was there first. CLEAR. It took every fiber of my being not to engage with her, but I was the bigger person and just smiled politiely and said, "Oops! Looks like I didn't see  that sign. Sorry!" And I let her go. And what I wished I had said was, "Sweetie, I can see from the way you were yelling at your boys outside that you are having a bad day. So even though I was clearly here first, I'll let you go ahead of me. I mean, walking around in those ugly shoes must just put you in a bad mood." Of course, I think of these things too late.

The rest of the Target trip was fine, thank you. I did keep being like, one aisle away from SuperBitchMom, and she continued to be loud.

I bet she homeschools.

No comments:

Post a Comment