Wednesday, April 7, 2010

How is it possible?

Since my last post, my baby boy has turned 1. All last week, I just kept thinking, "this time last year, I couldn't wait for you to get here. This time last year, I was going to the doctor to learn that I would be induced. This time last year, I was bringing you home for the first time." Seriously, it has been the best year, and I wouldn't change a minute of it. I love seeing that bright, smiling face in the morning, and seeing his eyes light up at the sound of his sister laughing. I love the boy-ness of him, his curiosity, the fact that he is constantly on the go. And I love seeing that little personality emerge more and more every day. I always worried that there would be no way I could love a second baby as much as I love my first, but those worries have proven silly, and I have learned that I have more than enough love to go around.

So, Happy Birthday, sweet boy. I love you.

April 2, 2009:

And, one year later....



1 comment:

  1. happy birthday sweet baby! They grow way to fast!

    All runners have bad days, we chalk them up and push forward to our next run..I just read somewhere less then 10% of the world is runners so consider yourself among the "elite" at least that's what I like to do even though I am a hunky chunky running Mom!!! haha Good luck on Saturday I am sure it will be great!

    ReplyDelete