Monday, June 13, 2011

3 weeks Down, how many to go?

I think my kids have been out of school for 3 weeks. It kind of feels like 3 months. Already, we’ve:

  • Gone to the beach
  • Nearly gone to the ER
  • Soaked up many rays at the pool
  • Complained of boredom
  • Exemplified sibling rivalry
  • Seen the “Judy Moody” movie (run far away from this one)
  • Accomplished nothing
  • Had a little fun here and there

Honestly, it took less than two weeks for me to realize I hadn’t signed my kids up for nearly enough camps this summer. I was used to having 2 mornings a week completely to myself. Why did I think I wouldn’t need that over the summer? Luckily, one of the camps around here had openings for both kids this week, so I have three mornings of bliss this week.

Don’t get me wrong. I do love these kiddos. Ava and I had a great time looking at old pictures for an hour the other night. I cracked up when Davis saw a shirtless man running and announced, “BOOBIES!” But I also loved my quiet house this morning. It was so nice not to hear the bickering, whining, or backtalk.

I also got to catch up on Bravo’s “Million Dollar Decorators.”

Like all Bravo shows, I lurve it. Over the weekend, I caught up on “Real Housewives of NYC.” Those women wear me out. I’m behind on the New Jersey Housewives.

Wait. I should probably be embarassed to be sharing all this, shouldn’t I? What can I say? My brain is fried by the end of these summer days, and I just can’t process anything more cerebral.

Besides, Bravo goes so well with wine.

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya!

    I'm worn out.

    I bet I would love that decorating show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to tell you...tell your friends about my HappyBaby Food Giveaway. It's at least $25 in coupons for free products, probably more. It's not just for babies. Great snacks, frozen entrees, etc. They are expanding for older children.

    ReplyDelete