Friday, June 17, 2011

Frantic Friday

Here’s a fact about me: I should never be allowed to be in charge of things. Somehow, though, someone who obviously didn’t know this asked me to co-direct Vacation Church School this year. In years past, VCS has always appeared to run like a well-oiled machine, so I figured, “Sure, I can handle this.”

Here’s the thing, though: I am a little bit of a proscratinator. In college, I was a political science major. That meant writing lots of long papers. I got pretty good at churning out a 20-page paper on things like British Parliamentary Procedure in oh, one night or so. Maybe 2. I was really good at doing the preliminary research, but then would wait until the very last second to actually start writing. As you can see from my glamorous jobs of unpaid house slave and blogger, those college years worked out really well for me.

I digress.

VCS starts on Monday, so this week has been a little crazy. That’s okay, though. Procrastinators like me work best under pressure. I can see that everything is going to work out fine, and spending the better part of my weekend chasing down a box of 250 CDs is just fine. Of  course, it would be easier for me to chase down the CDs if the guy who was burning them for me would actually return a call or a text. And maybe didn’t sound drunk when I did actually speak to him.

What has really made me day, however, is this:

In the midst of all this stress, though, some humor:

This new “children’s” bedtime book is the most hysterical thing I’ve seen in a long time. I’ve been hearing about it for a month or so now. It rocks. Even better than the book, though, is the audio version. It’s read by none other than Samuel L. Jackson. If f-bombs are going to be dropped, I can’t think of anyone better to do it.

Now, I’m attempting here to embed video of this hilarity for you. Hopefully, I’m tech-savvy enough for this to work. If not,  sorry.

I’ll be back Sunday with a Father’s Day post. Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment