Monday, April 16, 2012

Our weekend

The weather could not have been more beautiful this weekend. I know there were some terrible storms in other parts of the country, but here, the weather was nothing short of spring perfection.

On Saturday we took the kids to the newly renovated Pullen Park. It's this great park that's been in Raleigh since the dawn of time. In addition to a few playgrounds, they have several rides, including a train, that  the kids just love. This was our first trip there since they re-opened, and we stayed for about 3 hours. The kids had so much fun they didn't even stop to ask for snacks or drinks.

They rode the little boats (Ava is WAY too old for this, but she's a good sister and went  with Davis).

We all rode the train:
 Morgan and the kids rode the carousel. I hate those things and get way too dizzy, so I sat it out.


And we snapped a pic with the locals: Sherrif Andy and Opie Taylor of Mayberry fame. (Note to self: stand up straighter!)
Yesterday we went to church, and then I ran in the mid-day heat, which was dreadful. I may not like getting up at 5am, but running before the sun is beating down on you is pretty nice. I should also mention here that for some insane reason, I'm signed up to run the Tar Heel 10 Miler this Saturday. I am so unprepared for this. I haven't run that distance since the same race last year, after which I got pneumonia. Hoping for a better outcome this time. 

After the run, I took the kids to pick strawberries. I think Davis ate as many as he picked, but they had a great time. 



We cruised through the Express Lane at Harris  Teeter after that to pick up the groceries I had ordered online earlier in the day. Best shopping experience ever. You pull up, they load the groceries in your car. Yes, there is a $5 charge, but it is worth every penny. I think I actually spend less because I only stick to what's on the list.

By the way, last week we had dinner with Ava's teacher. Ava had earned this dinner last fall by selling a certain number of raffle tickets, but we just now redeemed the prize. It was as if we were dining with a movie star. Ava was all smiles the whole time, and just kept gazing up at her teacher with adoration. Here they are post-dinner:


I should be back tomorrow with some shopping updates. Bye for now!

1 comment:

  1. That's neat about the dinner.

    I get like you on anything that goes round and round.

    ReplyDelete