Friday, April 6, 2012

Happy Birthday Davis (better late than never, right?)

Happy Easter weekend, peeps. We've been at the beach all week enjoying some amazing weather for spring break. Of course, it turned a frigid 50ish degrees today, so we're all kind of cooped up inside. I did manage to send Morgan to lunch with the kids while my mom and I snuck away for a grown up girls' lunch, complete with a Bloody Mary for me. I'm going to try to undo that damage in a little while with a chilly run on the beach.
On Monday, the day we headed down to the beach, my baby turned 3. THREE! So, Davis, this post is for you. You, the little boy who made me see why it is that women seem to swoon so much over their sons. You, the boy who is in perpetual motion, but never too busy for a hug, or to tell me you love me. You, my sweet son, on whom I will forever have a huge crush.

Three years have come and gone in the blink of an eye. It's hard to believe there was a time when you didn't sleep through the night, a time when you didn't talk. Nowadays, it's play hard, talk constantly, and sleep soundly. You never meet a stranger, and your exuberance for life is contagious. While it's certainly true that you make me crazy at times, it's also true that you put a smile on my face no fewer than 50 times a day. You are an absolute love, and you make me proud to be your mommy. In the words of your favorite song, you are my sunshine. I love you.





2 comments:

  1. So sweet. I am on my phone. Wanted to say hi and happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete