Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Boy Style, or Lack Thereof

I think I'm going to be able to save some serious dough on kids' clothing, because my son only wants to wear "sports shorts" these days. This is a bit frustrating to me because 1)he has a closet full of cute clothes, and 2) it is only February, and therefore mostly still pants weather.

In addition to the shorts, he really only wants short sleeves. This is where I find myself fighting back, because really, if it's only 50 degrees, one can not wear shorts and short sleeves without looking foolish. Shorts are not practical, but everyone knows that boys like to wear shorts all the time. In fact, I have had to talk my dear husband out of wearing shorts on a plane before, just because I find it inappropriate for business travel.

Anyway, I present to you Davis' outfit for today:

Tuesdays are exhausting. Naps are needed. Apparently, so are midriff-baring shirts.

Sadly, these are the only "sports shorts" he owns. This morning, I found myself browsing online for other athletic options. I don't like any of them, but I have got to get him into something other than NC State red. So, I came across these:


Pretty cool, for what they are. Except that they are FORTY DOLLARS. Seriously. Am I being Punk'd here? Not paying $40 for shorts I don't really like, unless they come with a guarantee that Davis can at least have a spot as a walk-on for the Heels in 2027.

So, I also found these. And they're only $16. Better, I guess. Even though they are still not what I want him to wear.


At least he and I still agree on shoes. It's going to be time to replace his Adidas Dragons soon. I love the new colors:

But then I kind of love these Nikes as well:



I guess I should be happy that he's all boy and that I can allocate more funds to myself. 

And speaking of, one of my friends got this tote as an early V-Day present. Of course, I need it, too. When packing for a weekend trip a few weeks ago, I put my books and magazines in a diaper bag. A diaper bag, people. I do not have any diaper-wearing people in my life. There is no need for me to be toting around a diaper bag. So I need this bag in my life. But do I need pink or navy?










1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful tote. I think a lot of boys want that attire. My son likes t-shirts and regular shorts, and to get him to put on a golf shirt is like pulling teeth. Drives me nuts.

    ReplyDelete