Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Coffee grinds are good for your complexion.

So far, the kitchen project is going well. The demolition is done, and our popcorn ceilings have been scraped.
(photo taken before the ceilings were done)

I'm pretty impressed by what a neat and tidy demo it was. We only ran into one little glitch. When the sheetrock guy was here yesterday, he casually asked if we were putting a recessed light or a pendant light over our sink. Well, the plan was recessed, and I told him that. It seems, however, that the beams (I guess that's the right word) running across the ceiling are not centered to the window, so a recessed light there would have to go to the left or the right. Clearly, that's not going to happen. We had a recessed light there before, but it was in the soffit, so it was able to be centered. 

(please note that I have no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to fancy words used in home construction. It might be that the beam is actually dead center over the window, which would be why we can't do recessed. Sometimes I pretend to know more about what I'm talking about than I actually do).

I certainly don't mind doing a pendant. I'm planning to put one over our table anyway, so now I just need a smaller coordinating one for the sink. I'm just a little overwhelmed by the choices, but I think this is what I'm going with:

Sea Gull Lighting 61850
Or this?
Sea Gull Lighting 61283
or maybe this:
Sea Gull Lighting 69059
or this?
Sea Gull Lighting 61060
I even kind of like this bronze:
Sea Gull Lighting 61850
Oh, geez. I can't decide.Anyone want to weigh in?  I need to order them like, yesterday. 

Cabinets go in tomorrow. I can't wait. 

Oh, and if you haven't ever lived without a kitchen sink? Just know that cleaning dishes in the bathroom is really not all it's cracked up to be. Also, as much as I don't love my old Keurig, it's about to come out of hiding for a  few weeks. Having to clean out coffee grounds in the bathtub just feels really wrong. 

On the upside, anyone bathing in that tub can expect some great exfoliating.

3 comments:

  1. I like the last one...I have a great lighting magazine if you want to borrow it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's a pain, but it will be so worth it.

    ReplyDelete