Friday, February 3, 2012

The Girl Crush Continues...

My husband has advised me not to blog any more about Gwyneth Paltrow. He thinks I'm beginning to sound like a stalker. Never one to heed advice, here I go again.

Gwyneth is on the cover of February's Harper's Bazaar. I didn't know this, but apparently Harper's Bazaar has  been revamped, and the February issue is the unveiling of the new look. 

Not surprisingly, Gwynnie looks amazing. I think the looks they put her in are a bit of a departure. She's showing a LOT more skin than we usually see, and all of her workouts have obviously paid off. Here are a few of the pics from the magazine:


all images via Harper's Bazaar

She says in the interview that she works out 90 minutes every weekday. Clearly, the work (and good genes) have paid off. At 39, she looks insane.

Now, I know that a lot of people don't care much for Gwyneth at all. I know, I know. She kind of comes across as, I don't know, maybe elitist? Or snobby? But I kind of like that she doesn't try to cover up the fact that she leads a charmed life. It's her life, and she's embracing it, not apologizing for it. She seems to take advantage of the opportunities that a life of  fame and fortune have provided her. Clearly, we can't all cook with Mario Batali or be married to rock stars, but we can have fun seeing what that life looks like. Plus, I like a celebrity who says, "Yeah, I work my ass off to look like this," rather than the ones who deny exercise while claiming to live off cheeseburgers and fries. 

If you have a chance, read the article. In it, she comes across as very real, but still very Gwyneth. And I, for one, still think she's the coolest.

1 comment:

  1. Is is just me or does she look like she had a nose job? Gorgeous...but something looks a bit different?

    ReplyDelete