Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

My kids have been pretty much inundated with candy lately, so we decided to do small V-Day gifts this year instead of showering them with more sweets. Nothing big - Davis got a little stuffed Angry Bird, and Ava got a Rapunzel Barbie. 

Last night, it occurred to me that we had not purchased cards for them. Usually I think it's kind of a waste of money, especially for Davis, who can't even read. Ava is getting a little sensitive about such things, though. It was already 10pm when I realized I was card-less, though, so I tried to get creative and make cards for both of them. 

I have to tell you, I'm so glad I went this route. I had fun  making their cards, and I think they enjoyed getting something we had made. I took pictures of the cards....here you go:

 Ava's was old-school.....construction paper hearts. It took me back to Kindergarten!

For Davis, I just glued some of his leftover Cars Valentine's that he had picked out for his class onto red construction paper. Fancy!

No big plans tonight. Morgan and I went out on Saturday, so we're just doing family night here. Ava has dance until 6:15, so I think Valentine's pizza might be on the menu. Good thing I had a salad for lunch.

Happy heart day, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day.

    I like your cards.

    Where does Ava take dance?

    ReplyDelete