Friday, February 17, 2012

The weeks fly by....

Well, here we are. Friday all over again. I guess that our school system is trying to kill me, because not only did they have early release today, but they are out of school Monday and Tuesday. That's not to say I dislike having Ava at home. It's the Ava/Davis combo that kills me. They are in full on love-hate sibling mode these days. They can't stand to be apart from one another, but the bickering is nonstop.

In order to maintain my sanity, I have been doing some online shopping. Nothing huge....just some cute crewcuts stuff for Ava that was on sale. I've also been perusing Pinterest quite a bit. How addicitive is that little site? Geez.

Here are a few of my favorite things that I've pinned lately.

Love this green/navy/white combo for spring:
navy/green/white

This e-card is great:
better believe it...

I  am crazy about this room, and particularly those curtains. Wowza.
striped drapes

If I ever redo Ava's room, I love this for inspiration:
Would be great in Ava's room.

I found a tutorial for no-sew  Roman shades. I'm planning to try this out on one of my kitchen windows as soon as I can find the right fabric:
no sew roman shade

I made these bars. If you  love peanut butter and chocolate, make these now. Seriously. Now.
Easy and Delicious! Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars:   1 (18.25) package plain yellow cake mix  1/2 cup butter, melted  1 cup creamy peanut butter  2 eggs  1 (12 oz) package semi-sweet chocolate chips  1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk  2 Tablespoons butter  2 teaspoons vanilla  1 cup coconut (optional)  Directions:1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees.2) Combine cake mix,melted butter, peanut butter, and eggs in a large bowl using a mixer or spoon. Press this into a 9X13 pan reserving 1 1/2 cup of the mixture to crumble on top.3) In a small pot, melt chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and coconut.4) Spread chocolate mixture over the mixture pressed in the pan and then crumble the 1 1/2 cups of reserved cake mixture on top evenly.5) Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2009/03/peanut-butter-chocolate-bars.html 

And, lastly, I made this chicken dish. It is absurdly simple to make. 
I'm hoping I can find something to make for dinner tonight. Right now, I'm completely unmotivated to cook at all. In fact, after an early run and  Body Pump class at the gym, I kind of want to take a nap. Unfortunately, both kids are at home, and the youngest slept 20 minutes in the car, which he seems to be counting as a nap. Hmph. 

I'm excited about my weekend. I'm having lunch tomorrow with 2 of my college roommates. We don't live far from one another, but lining up schedules to get together is nearly impossible. 

We're also at T minus 6 days until we leave for Disney, so that's pretty exciting. I'm ready for some warm Florida weather. It will be Davis' first time on a plane, and to anyone else on the flight, I offer my apologies ahead of time. Especially since it's a commuter plane with only 14 rows. Again, people, I'm really sorry.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. What's your Pinterest handle? I'll try to find you. I like those pins.

    Have a great time at Disney.

    I know exactly what you mean about the fighting. It gives me a headache.

    ReplyDelete