Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Easter Bunny

Ava keeps telling me we need to go see the Easter Bunny.
 

I'm pretty much standing my ground with 'no' on that one. Does anyone my age recall going to talk to the Easter Bunny? Last time I checked, Easter isn't Christmas. My kids will get some candy, and maybe a stuffed animal. Maybe even a small toy. That's what I used to get, and I was happy with that. This notion of going to talk to the Easter Bunny about what you want in your basket is ludicrous to me. (By the way, I just had a lot of trouble spelling "ludicrous", and really wanted to spell it like the rapper: ludacris. That, according to spell check, is not correct).

Anyway, I'm just wondering if I'm out of the loop. Is it really a "thing" now to go and talk to the Easter Bunny? I'm good with  getting some pics with a bunny at an Easter egg hunt, but I think my kids are already spoiled enough that they don't need to be demanding gifts from some perv in a bunny suit.
 

But maybe that's just me.

In the meantime, I leave you with a sweet image of my peacefully sleeping eldest child. Insert "awwww" here. Or, insert, "Carter is really obnoxious with this picture" here. Whichever you prefer.


2 comments:

  1. Yeah, when did Easter bunnies start being so big?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny... I just had this same conversation about the Easter Bunny with Amy the other night before dinner. I refuse to take my kids to the mall to visit the Easter Bunny. For some reason, it just feels wrong! Glad I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete