Monday, June 4, 2012

Gala 2012, or Waterproof Mascara Really Lasts

Happy Monday, everyone. I'm all finished with my 4 1/2 day stint as a single mom. Morgan was on a golf trip and returned not a moment too soon. Whew....my kids were really giving me a run for my money at times.

The highlight of the weekend was Ava's dance recital. Her studio does an amazing job with their galas. I mean, really good. Like, you feel like you're on the set of So You Think You Can Dance. Ava's group isn't that good (they're 6 and 7....how could they be?), but the group known as the Core? They are incredible. They perform between the little kids' numbers. Keeps the audience a little more entertained.

Anyway, Ava did great. I'm so anti-Toddlers and Tiaras, but even I get a kick out of putting makeup on my little girl and doing her hair all fancy. I'm not sure the amount of gel and Aqua Net we used for her bun will ever completely wash out, but that's okay.

Here she was just before meeting up with the other dancers (oh, and guess what dumbass forgot her real camera and had to rely on iPhone pics for a while?)


Once we were back at home, I got some photos with my real camera. Here are Ava and me (and just so you know, my hair will be back to it's blonde highlighted glory this Thursday, which can't come soon enough):


Then we just had to get silly for the camera:


The Dancing Diva got to pick where we went to dinner that night. We got pretty fancy and she picked Moe's.

The next day, we played hooky from church and ate ice cream sandwiches for breakfast. Oh, and we apparently dressed ourselves in the clothes of own choosing:

That is all for now.

2 comments:

  1. love the dance pics-and oh missing church, such a naughty deaconess

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute costume, too. Bet it was fun.

    ReplyDelete