Thursday, July 5, 2012

I Have No Idea What Day It Is

Ending a week at the beach on Monday was the first thing that threw me off. Then Morgan worked from home on Tuesday and even took time to go to a movie with the kids and me. And then yesterday was a holiday. So, the whole week has sort of been one giant weekend, and I'm not really even sure what day it actually is. Doesn't matter, of course. It's been a fun week. Here are my random musings for today, in no particular order:

1) You may recall that last year, around this time, I took Davis to see his first theater movie, and it was nothing short of disastrous. I vowed to never do it again. But, then along came a super-hot week, and Madagascar 3 started looking like a good option. I'm happy to report that Davis passed this year's movie test with flying colors, and he might even get to go back and see Brave.

2) Yesterday was the 4th (obvs), and we had a good day. One thing I might caution all of you against is trying to make margaritas by the pitcher. I don't know what happened. I used a "recipe" that looked good enough, and played around a little with the amounts. What came out was yummy, but perhaps just a tad bit strong. And by "a tad bit" I mean, it could knock you out.

3) I finally finished reading all three Fifty Shades books. These ecards about sum up my feelings:

Fifty Shades of Grey eCard
50 Shades of Grey 50 Shades of Grey
I can't lie. I enjoyed the books. The second and third could have been a great deal shorter, but still. There was a little bit of story throw in with all the other stuff. Unfortunately, I do feel as though I kind of wasted some brain cells, so now I'm reading Pride and Prejudice. Can you believe I've never read it? To quote Morgan, "How can you be a girl and not have read Pride and Prejudice?" 

In addition to reading a classic, I'm also listening to Gone Girl via Audible.com. Since we drive to and from the beach several times in the summer, I love, love, love audio books. 

I've heard a lot of buzz about this book lately, and it's good. I'm not sure I'm wild about the readers in the audio version, but they are definitely good enough to keep my interest piqued. We're driving to Greensboro tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to plugging the kids into their DVD headphones and enjoying my book. Have I mentioned that wireless headphones for kids in the care are the greatest travel invention EVER? They are. 

Oh, and also? My house is getting cleaned tomorrow. Happy Friday to me.


1 comment:

  1. I've seen that book pop up recently on another blog now I"m intrigued. Glad you are having a good week.

    ReplyDelete