Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Playing Catch Up

Vacation is over, and it was a great one. I can honestly say it was one of the most relaxed beach vacays we've had since having kids. Maybe it's that our kids are older, maybe it was just something in the air. I don't know. It was nice, though. We weren't on a schedule. We stayed on the beach until well into the evening, and really enjoyed the family time. That's not to say we didn't hit a few bumps - especially when we wouldn't buy Davis a toy gun that he REALLY wanted (not helped by Ava saying, "But Mommy and Daddy! He's wanted a gun his WHOLE life!").

These two repel the sun like nobody's business, but I think they're awfully cute:

Ava doesn't look too happy to be posing with me here, does she?


I have a better picture, but it involves a full-body shot of me, so we'll just keep that one on my computer, okay? It's best for everyone.

Let's see....yesterday was Morgan's birthday (30 again). Monday birthdays, especially the Monday after a week at the beach, generally suck. I mean, it's a birthday, so that's fun, but really. Who wants to go to work on their birthday? Not me. Of course, I like to celebrate a birthday week myself.

The kids wanted to make cards for their Daddy, so we got out the construction paper and washable paints. I think it's safe to say we are not producing any future artists here. And that's okay. They had fun painting, and the fact that they wanted to do something for someone else is what's really important.

Please note that Ava's hair is double French braided. I got skillz, y'all.



Today I finally managed to make it to the grocery store. And by that I mean, I finally ordered my groceries online and went through the Express Lane at Harris Teeter to pick them up. I do not take two children to the store unless it's a life-or-death situation.

I also got new running shoes, which are quite purple. I did not get them in the Harris Teeter Express Lane.  Now I'll have to run tomorrow just to test them out.

 

We're off to the pool. Laters.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you all had a great vacation. Great job on her hair.

    ReplyDelete