Friday, September 30, 2011

IKEA Excitement

It's Friday....yay! I'm so excited about my weekend. I'm getting up early tomorrow, driving to meet my mom, and then we're heading to Charlotte to check out the IKEA store there. This is my first-ever trip to IKEA, and I'm more than a little excited. I've been wanting to buy the Expedit bookcase for Ava's room for a few months now. Her room is small-ish, and she has lots of crap stuff. I'm tired of it being all over the place, so we are getting her organized ASAP.
EXPEDIT Bookcase, white Width: 58 5/8 " Depth: 15 3/8 " Height: 58 5/8 " Max load/shelf: 29 lb  Width: 149 cm Depth: 39 cm Height: 149 cm Max load/shelf: 13 kg

I thought I could just order it online, but shipping costs were outrageous. No way was I going to pay $129 in shipping for a $129 item. Silly, right? So I've been trying to figure out a good time to get down there, and it's finally happening.

Even better is that it's just my mom and me, for the first time in AGES. Post-shopping, we're going back to my parents' house where I will spend then night. I almost invited Ava to go with us. She's a decent little shopper, and just adores my parents. But after much consideration (about 30 seconds), I decided I deserve a little time away. (Now, if someone could just explain why I feel a little guilty about it).
.
Anyway, back to IKEA. I also want to check out this toy storage system:
TROFAST Storage combination, white, multicolor Length: 72 1/2 " Depth: 11 3/4 " Height: 37 "  Length: 184 cm Depth: 30 cm Height: 94 cm
I would love to have this in our playroom (which is really our dining room, but playroom is much more functional these days). I love the drawers. 

Of  course, not far from IKEA is the fabulous SouthPark Mall, which houses North Carolina's only Tory Burch shop. 

In the unforgettable words of Liz Lemon, "I want to go to there."

-Carter

PS - If you're a fan of my blog (which I know you are), please become a "follower" by clicking over to the right. Thanks! 

2 comments:

  1. Have a great time. I bet that Tory Burch store is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that storage system with drawers and it is AWESOME. You will love it. I like that you can mix and match bin sizes as well. Just bought a pair of TB flats for fall and thought of you! have so much fun

    ReplyDelete