Wednesday, September 14, 2011

New favorite read + Missoni for Target.

Yesterday, a friend of mine sent me a link to a hysterical blog, so I had to share with you. It's called Suri's Burn Book. It's basically celebrity trash-talking, as observed by Suri Cruise.
Obviously, it's not REALLY Suri,but just what the writer imagines Suri would say. Except without a pacifier in her mouth, I suppose. It's pretty damn funny. Please take a look.

On a related note, I was reminded this week of a blog I used to read. I'm sure you're familiar with it, but if not, please visit Go Fug Yourself. Celebrity fashion scoop at it's finest. I think writing with the girls from GFY might be my dream job. (You listening, GFY girls? I'm happy to take on freelance assignments.)

Also, speaking of fashion, can you believe all the hype over the Missoni for Target line?
Look_02sx
As I'm sure you know by now, the line launched in stores and online yesterday, and it pretty much all sold out by like, 9am. According to George, the man who works at the inside-Target Starbucks, women were lined up at 7:15 am yesterday. The store opens at 8. I went there at 9:30, not to scope out Missoni, but to pick up a prescription. When I pulled up, I remembered that the line was making it's big debut. I had already been disappointed over the summer with the Target collaboration with Calypso, so I just wasn't expecting anything all that great.

I took a quick look and noticed pretty much everything was gone. And frankly, I didn't care. There were some girls' items left, and I could have gotten some cute flats and a dress for Ava, but I decided to pass. To be quite honest, I didn't think any of it felt well-made, and I didn't think the pieces were worth the prices. Let's face it: real designer pieces are expensive in part because of the actual label, but mostly because they are exquisitely made. These pieces were manufactured in China, unlike the real Missoni, which is Italian-made.

The one item I would have like to have gotten my hands on was this throw:
Missoni for Target® Throw - Colore
Target had it for $39.99. And now it's going on eBay for $200. And I think that's stupid. If they get more in, I may pick one up. 

Now I must go tend to my non-napping 2-year-old. Early bedtime, here we come!

1 comment:

  1. These blogs are great.

    I was in the Garner target yesterday by chance. My dentist is there, and decided to pick up some milk. No one was in there, and I was clueless that Missoni came out. I browsed through the displays like not a care in the world, and I was alone, only to come home and see all the buzz on Twitter about the site crashing and things being sold. Not in Garner. Ha!

    ReplyDelete