Thursday, August 25, 2011

Britney


Friends, it's time I confessed something to you. I need to be honest, and I hope that you won't judge me. I have a secret, and I need to get it off my chest.

Okay, here goes.

I am a Britney Spears fan.

*Whew*

Glad that's over.

Are you judging me? Really? You? With the Justin Beiber CD that you say is for your kids? No, I didn't think so.

Last night I went to see Britney in concert for the second time in two years. There was a time when I may have tried to hide my love for her, but I've come to terms with the fact that I need a good pop princess in my life. And besides, there is probably no better people watching anywhere. Seriously, Britney's fan base puts "People of Wal-Mart" to shame.

I saw everything last night. And when I say everything, believe me, it was everything. Like, all of people's body parts. Which reminds me, here's a little PSA for you: if you are going to a concert, and you're thinking of wearing a very short dress or skirt, you may want to do a little trial run of walking up a flight of stairs, just to make sure the dress isn't showing all of your bits. The people who are seated at the end of the row, next to the arena stairs, will be grateful. Really. I saw this from experience.

I was also introduced to a term I was previously unaware of: Kentucky Waterfall. Most of you probably already know what this is, but if not, let me show you:


Let me tell you something: even if Britney had never gotten on stage, my favorite friends and I would have been fully entertained by our own snarky comments about all those around us.

Onto the show, though.

DJ Pauly D, of Jersey Shore fame, was the opening act.


I'm pretty sure he had done about an eight ball of cocaine before taking stage because he had an unnatural amount of energy. I like the whole DJ thing at a pop concert, though. Otherwise, you get some terrible opening act that you never wanted to see in the first place. Pauly D did a good job of getting the crowd excited, and he played all the cheesy dance/pop songs you had to admit you like.

Forty minutes later, Britney took the stage. The crowd was frighteningly screamy, and Britney emerged looking good for someone who has had two kids and a total meltdown. In other words, she didn't look bad in any of her 2-piece ensembles, but her one-piece numbers were much more flattering.

I give you photographic evidence:

One piece (you know, like what the rest of us wear all the time):

Two piece:

Obviously, I would not cry if my abs looked like that. She's definitely doing better than me. But I do see a little normalish-ness in her. And I like that.

The biggest thing I noticed, though, is that Brit seemed to be having a really good time on stage. (Notice I didn't say "singing." The entire show was lip-synched. No surprise there). 

I just think Britney is kind of adorable, in a trailer park sort of way. I root for her. I've liked her since way back in the "....Baby, One More Time" days. I want things to go well for her. And I was glad to see her having a good time on stage, doing what she does best. 

That's all for me. 6am workout comes early, so must go to bed now.

xoxo,
Carter

1 comment:

  1. Love your post today. I saw on FB where you went. I didn't know she was in town. Apparently, I don't know much. I had never heard of a Kentucky Waterfall. Funny! The dress part was funny, too.

    ReplyDelete