Monday, August 8, 2011

Restful weekend, busy week

Happy Monday! My weekend of peace and quiet came to an end yesterday at lunchtime, but it sure was nice while it lasted. Morgan had a golf trip (shocker), and I planned a few weeks ago to ship the kids off to my parents’ house for the weekend. Luckily, my parents are nice enough to actually accept my begging request to keep them. I’m not sure they really knew what they were in for with a 2-year-old boy, but they survived.

I, on the other hand, really enjoyed having my house all to myself. I almost didn’t want to do anything but stay in my little cocoon all weekend. That didn’t happen, though. On Friday, I hit the Tanger Outlets in Mebane, NC for a little light shopping. You can imagine my delight when I discovered a Vineyard Vines outlet had just opened!

I got a great deal on a couple of things for Davis: a bathing suit for next year and a pair of tan cords for winter. Both more than 50% off.

At Brooks Brothers, I scored a bathing suit for Morgan for $32. That, my friends, is a bargain, especially when you consider the retail price on those things is $85.

So, the boys scored well, but Ava and I got nothing. At least not that day.

Saturday was supposed to start with a run, but it was storming when I got up, so I scrapped that idea and enjoyed an episode of Design Star with my cup of coffee.

There was maybe a little more shopping that day. Old Navy had their kids’ jeans for $10 (and tax-free), so I got one pair for Ava.

Everything else there was meh. I’m just not ready for Ava to look like a miniature Ke$ha.

And lest you think I left myself out of this shopping extravaganza, I finally got myself a cute tennis outfit.

adidas Response Tank WFa11_O04713 adidas Response Skirt WFa11_O04678

Saturday also included a Peach Milkshake at Chick Fil A. Yum.

The weekend went by way too fast, that’s for sure. I didn’t tackle any of the projects around the house that needed to get done, but that’s okay. I was kind of on a little vacation. If I could do that about once a month, I think my sanity level would be much better.

This week we’re right back into busy life. I started my  Monday with a 6am workout at Heat, and it was a killer. I’m fairly certain the instructor was attempting to kill us all. Fortunately for him, he’s pretty cute, so he can get away with torture.

Later in the week, we’ve got my birthday AND Ava’s birthday, which also includes a party at our house. I’m scrambling this week to get prepared for that. It’s a Madeline party, and I’ll share all the details with you next week.

Ava is in American Girl doll camp every morning this week (yes, there really is such a thing), so I’ve got my trusty sidekick, Davis, to help me with all my party-prep errands. Today we went to Michael’s. We’re probably not welcome back. Ever. I’m thinking of getting a sitter for him for a couple of hours tomorrow so I can run the rest of my errands in peace.

For now, I’m happy. I have dinner prepped and ready to go in the oven (vegetarian baked ziti), and a loaf of banana blueberry bread baking as I type. The kitchen smells good!

I hear the sounds of creaking crib, letting me know Davis is waking up. I promised Ava a trip to the library, so off we go.

xoxo,

Carter

2 comments:

  1. What great finds in Mebane. I didn't know there was a Vineyard Vines there now. Wow!

    I need to go. I'm cooking your casserole now.

    Great for your workout, too. Leigh

    Not logged in for some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled across your blog and just want to say thanks for being so honest and funny. About once a year I get a weekend off -- sort of-- and I sound like this post. Relaxed, happy and "with it". The rest of the time I feel totally insane and tired. Good to know I'm not the only toddler mom out there that feels like I can't go to public places with my child without risking being banned for life!=) Keep writing. You are so funny.

    ReplyDelete