Thursday, November 10, 2011

Stir crazy

I'm on day number FOUR of being home with sick Ava. For the first two days it was kind of fun having her at home. Yesterday she seemed to be feeling better, so I took her to school a couple of hours late. Thirty minutes before the school day ended, I got a call from her teacher saying Ava had a fever and wanted to come home. She was so pitiful when I picked her up. At 4am today. she had a 102.7 fever. Since this was day 6 with a fever, I figured it was time to go back to the doctor. Long story short, she got an antibiotic and no official diagnosis. There was talk of possible walking pneumonia, but that would need an X-ray to verify, and the end result (Z-pack) would be the same. So, we took the drugs and said we'd come back for an X-ray if she doesn't improve. There's been no more fever today, just coughing, so I'm hoping she's on the mend.

Anyway, during her brief visit to school yesterday, I got to meet with the kitchen designer I've been working with to see her vision for my kitchen. Oh wow. I was so impressed. The transformation she came up with was so cool.....so much more than I would have imagined my kitchen could actually be. Of course, the estimate was higher than I had imagined as well. Go figure. Oh, and even better? The estimate didn't include LABOR. Labor that includes demo'ing out my current cabinets, countertops, etc, doing away with the soffits over the existing cabinets, moving the hook  up for my stove and switching it to gas,  and installing the new cabinets and countertops. I told her to go ahead and get the general contractor out to get me an estimate on that part, but I have a feeling it's going to  be hefty.

I have some other feelers out. I would love to go with the design that was created for me, but it may just be way out of budget. Not to worry, though. The kitchen redo is a go. I even dreamed about it all last night.

I've been perusing Pinterest for ideas. I'm drawn to a white kitchen. It's classic, it's clean, and it opens up a small space.No question that that's what we'll do. I'll leave you with some of my favorites:
(All images via Pinterest)


Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image


3 comments:

  1. Shaun is good at general demolition. Just sayin'. He only charges beer and pizza :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like white kitchens, too. I think we bought out house because of the white. We need to reface our cabinets though.

    I hope Ava gets better soon. That's a long time for illness. So sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carter, you have fabulous taste in kitchens!! I'm dreaming of carrera marble and farmhouse sinks in my (way distant) future... until then I live vicariously through you!

    Hope Ava is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete